Venue: Members' Lounge, Harrow Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, HA1 2XY. View directions
Contact: Frankie Belloli, Senior Democratic Services Officer Tel: 020 8424 1263 E-mail: email@example.com
Appointment of Chair
To appoint a Chair for the purposes of this meeting.
RESOLVED: That Councillor Pamela Fitzpatrick be appointed Chair of the Licensing Panel Hearing.
Declarations of Interest
To receive declarations of disclosable pecuniary or non pecuniary interests, arising from business to be transacted at this meeting, from:
(a) all Members of the Panel;
(b) all other Members present.
RESOLVED: To note that there were no declarations of interests made by Members.
[Note: Licensing Panel minutes are:-
(1) approved following each meeting by the Members serving on that particular occasion and signed as a correct record by the Chair for that meeting;
(2) not submitted to the next panel meeting for approval.
Reasons: The Licensing Panel is constituted from a pooled membership. Consequently, a subsequent Panel meeting is likely to comprise a different Chair and Members who took no part in the previous meeting’s proceedings. The process referred to at (1) above provides appropriate approval scrutiny].
(See Note at conclusion of these minutes).
Procedure to be followed at an oral hearing.
The Chairman asked the Panel Members, officers and other attendees at the meeting to introduce themselves and then outlined the procedure for the conduct of an oral hearing, which was set out in the agenda.
RESOLVED: To vary the premises licence subject to the following timings and conditions:
Hours Open to the Public and the sale of Alcohol
The special extension for New Years Eve does NOT apply to the External Area.
The following conditions are to be inserted in to Annex 3 of the Premises Licence:
1. No persons shall be permitted to smoke outside the rear of the premises after 22:00 hours Sunday – Thursday and 23:00 hours Friday – Saturday.
2. The maximum occupancy of the external area at any one time to be 80 persons (not including servingstaff).
3. Clear and legible notices shall be displayed in a prominent position near the exit door(s) requesting that customers leave quietly to avoid disturbing localresidents.
4. Clear and legible notices shall be displayed in a prominent position in any external areas where customers are permitted to smoke or drink requesting that they keep noise to a minimum to avoid disturbing localresidents.
5. Any security or other external lighting shall be carefully positioned and oriented to prevent lights shining into nearby residential properties and causing a nuisance. Any lighting other than security lighting shall be switched off after 23:00 hours to prevent the occurrence ofnuisance.
REASONS: The Panel carefully considered all the relevant information including:
· Written and oral representations by all theparties
· The Licensing Act 2003
· The Guidance issued under section 182 of the Licensing Act2003
· Harrow Council’s LicensingPolicy
· Human Rights Act 1998
· The considerations in s.17 of the Crime and Disorder Act1998