To be responsible for the development and strategic direction of the Council’s housing services including:
· Ensuring the viability and cost effectiveness of the Housing Revenue Account
· To provide new Council homes and develop partnerships with other housing providers for affordable homes
· To engage and listen to tenants and leaseholders to enhance and improve housing services
· To adequately fund the repair and improvement of Council homes
· The development of a Harrow ‘Charter of Rights’ for private renters to raise housing standards
· To reduce the number of homeless people.
(Note: Full details of the Portfolio Holder for Housing’s responsibilities can be found in page Part 3A of the Council's Constitution).
Portfolio Holder Decisions taken by the Portfolio Holder for Housing can be found on the Portfolio Holder for Housing’s Decisions webpage.