The Leader of the Council shall have the following responsibilities:
· When present to chair meetings of the Cabinet;
· Appoint and dismiss Portfolio Holders and the Deputy Leader
· Appoint to and dismiss from committees of the Cabinet
· Determine from time to time the roles and areas of responsibility of Portfolio Holders and set out their scheme of delegation for executive functions
· In the absence of a Portfolio Holder, or on written notice to the Monitoring Officer, to exercise any of that Portfolio Holder’s functions themselves or arrange the discharge of those functions by another Portfolio Holder or a Corporate Director
· Champion the Borough locally, nationally and internationally and act as an advocate for its residents
· Lead the development and implementation of the Council’s Corporate Plan and Budget
· Liaise with Government Departments, the Greater London Authority, London Councils, West London Alliance and other local, sub-regional and public bodies
· Ensure that the decisions and activities of the Council comply with the highest possible ethical standards and that all Members of the Council adhere to the Code of Conduct.
· To oversee the arrangements for all civic and ceremonial matters.
Portfolio Holder Decisions taken by the Leader can be found on the Leader’s Decisions webpage.