To be responsible for the development and maintenance of the Council’s finance and procurement functions including:
· To develop and maintain a coherent, sustainable financial strategy for Harrow.
· To ensure that the development of proposals for and consultation on the annual budget take place within the requirements of theBudget and Policy Framework Rules and good corporate governance practice.
· To oversee the development of clear systems and structures for budget development, management and monitoring; in particular, for the Council’s revenue and capital budgets including the Housing Revenue Account.
· To ensure that the Council’s arrangements for treasury management and pension fund investments are effective.
· Bring forward proposals for any review of fees and charges that are executive side functions made by the Council.
· To ensure procedures for virement within budgets are updated as appropriate and followed at Member and officer level.
· Evaluate the financial procedures of the Council and recommend improvements.
· To ensure that the Council has effective procurement systems and processes in place.
· To ensure that the Council has effective procedures for the recovery of Council Tax, Business Rates and parking income and any other fees and charges.
· To ensure the effective administration of Housing Benefits.
· To ensure a co-ordinated Council response to government changes to welfare benefits.
· To ensure that the Council has effective financial risk management and internal control systems and processes in place.
· To oversee and ensure the development and maintenance of effective business continuity and emergency planning.
· To oversee the Council’s insurance arrangements.
· To ensure that the Council has effective payroll and pensions administration systems and processes in place.
· To ensure the delivery of accounts payable and accounts receivable services.
· To oversee appropriate organisational development within the Council
· To oversee training and the completion of mandatory training.
· To oversee the development and implementation of appropriate equalities measures.