To be responsible for the development and strategic direction of the Council’s environment services and climate change, including:
· Refuse, Waste Reduction and Recycling;
· Energy, Fuel Poverty and Climate Change;
· Road safety, street scene, Major traffic infrastructure and Transportation;
· Overseeing compliance with relevant statutory duties and performance targets;
· Championing service projects including commercialisation opportunities;
· Developing the role of community champions;
· Supporting the joint commissioning of services.
(Note: Full details of the Environment and Climate Change Portfolio Holder’s responsibilities can be found in Part 3A of the Council's Constitution).