To be responsible for the development and strategic direction of the Council’s Adults
Social Care functions and Carers, including:
· Championing the safeguarding of vulnerable adults;
· Overseeing compliance with both relevant statutory duties and performance targets;
· Working in partnership with service inspectors, health bodies, the voluntary sector and service clients;
· Championing service projects including commercialisation opportunities;
· Representing service interests on the Health & Wellbeing Board;
· Supporting the joint commissioning of services;
· Promoting mental health and wellbeing across the Council.
(Note: Full details of the Adult and Social Care Portfolio Holder’s responsibilities can be found in Part 3A of the Council's Constitution).