To be responsible for the strategic direction and the promotion of employment opportunities in the Borough including:
· Liaising with local and national government bodies and the business community;
· Protecting Harrow’s built heritage and green spaces;
· Small Business support and business relationships;
· Economic Regeneration and Inclusive Economy;
· Ensuring the effective management of the Council’s property assets, with specific authority to acquire or dispose of land up to £250k (other than at less than best consideration);
· Ensuring good governance in the Council, including overseeing the Legal & Governance Services Directorate;
· Overseeing the development of cultural and heritage activities in the Borough;
· Ensuring residents have appropriate training and development opportunities and benefit from employment opportunities in the Borough.
(Note: Full details of the Business, Property and Leisure Portfolio Holder’s responsibilities can be found in Part 3A of the Council's Constitution).