To be responsible for the financial strategy of the Council, including
· Developing and promoting its annual and long term budgets and policy frameworks including those for the housing revenue account;
· Ensuring financial controls and processes are effective;
· Keeping under review fees and charges levied by the Council;
· Championing effective risk management and business continuity activity;
· Promoting commercial opportunities;
· Ensuring coherent strategies for People and IT are adopted and implemented;
· Leading on Council transformation;
· Ensuring the Council has effective processes to monitor and manage the performance of its services;
· Overseeing the procurement, management and extension of major contracts (ie over £1m pa) and the settlement of claims against the Council over £1m.
(Note: Full details of the Portfolio Holder for Finance & Resources’ responsibilities can be found in page Part 3A of the Council's Constitution).