To be responsible for the development and delivery of the Council’s adults social care functions including:
· To be the lead member for adult care services including overseeing compliance with the statutory duties and reporting requirements in relation to adult care services.
· To lead on partnership with the Health Service in relation to adults.
· To oversee the performance of community care services in relation to national targets and priorities and to take account of any issues arising from external inspection and the performance assessment role of the Care Quality Commission.
· To oversee the protection and safeguarding of vulnerable adults.
· To oversee the development and implementation of supporting people initiatives.
· To oversee the direct provision for community care services and lead on service user engagement.
· To oversee joint commissioning responsibilities with Health for:
- Mental Health Services
- Learning Disability Services
- Older People and Physical, Sensory and Disability Services
· Act as the Member level ‘Wellbeing of Adults Champion’.
· To oversee the development and implementation of policies and strategies for the provision of adults care services in the Borough including;
- Adults Transformation
· To be responsible for the promotion of public health and wellbeing.