(1) the Corporate Director of People Services be authorised, following consultation with the Portfolio Holder for Children, Schools and Young People, together with the Portfolio Holder for Finance and Resources to:
· issue a direct award to the incumbent provider for the Harrow information advice and guidance service; and
· approve the financial contribution to be made by the Council to Harrow Clinical Commissioning Group, for the Harrow’s Emotional Wellbeing Service.
Reason for Decision: To enable the Local Authority to fulfil its statutory duties to:
· meet the emotional and mental health needs of children and young people
· encourage, enable or assist young people’s participation in education or training and to assist the most vulnerable and risk of disengaging with education or work.
Alternative Options Considered and Rejected: As set out in the report.
Conflict of Interest relating to the matter declared by Cabinet Member/Dispensation Granted: None.