The Performance and Finance Sub-Committee has the following power and duties:
1. To be the key driver of the scrutiny function’s work programme and the body responsible for monitoring the performance of the council and partners in relation to their stated priorities;
2. To consider/monitor, on an exception basis, the financial and service performance of the organisation;
3. To consider/monitor the performance of the council’s partners;
4. To undertake specific investigation of identified ‘hot spots’ through Q&A, reports or challenge panels – subject to endorsement by the Overview and Scrutiny Committee;
5. To refer ‘hot spots’ to the Overview and Scrutiny Committee for more detailed investigation where necessary;
6. To consider such urgent items as are appropriate – ad hoc, Councillor Calls for Action, area scrutiny.
(This Scrutiny Sub-Committee was formed in July 2007.)
Information on how to submit a petition, deputation or public question is available on the council website.
Support officer: Mwim Chellah, Senior Democratic and Electoral Services Officer. Tel: 07761 405966 E-mail: email@example.com