Report of the Director of Finance.
Resolved to RECOMMEND: (to Council)
(1) the 2023/24 budget be recommended for approval, being mindful of consultation results, to enable the Council Tax for 2023/24 to be set;
(2) the Model Council Tax Resolution 2023/24 be recommended to Council for approval as set out in Appendix 11 to the officer report;
(3) in accordance with Section 38 (2) of the Local Government Finance Act 1992, the Chief Executive be instructed to place a notice in the local press of the amounts set under recommendation 2 above with a period of 21 days following the Council’s decision.
(4) the Medium-Term Financial Strategy, set out in Appendix 2 to the officer report, be recommended to Council for approval;
(5) the 2023/24 Members Allowance Scheme, set out in Appendix 12 to the officer report, be recommended to Council for approval;
(6) the 2023/24 Annual Pay Policy Statement, set out in Appendix 13 to the officer report, be recommended to Council for approval;
(7) the Capital Receipts Flexibility Strategy, set out in Appendix 14, be recommended to Council for approval.
[Call-in does not apply to the decisions above as they are reserved to full
RESOLVED: To note
(8) the balanced budget position for 2023/24 and 2024/25 and the estimated budget gap of £6.321m to £13.143m for 2025/26 largely due to the uncertainty of the Social Care Grant;
(9) the intention to increase Council Tax by 2.99% in 2023/24;
(10) the intention to increase Council Tax by a further 2% in 2023/24 in respect of the Adult Social Care Precept;
(11) the 2023/24 budgets for Schools and Public Health as set out in Appendices 6 & 7 to the officer report;
(12) the proposal to increase funding to Additionally Resourced Mainstream Units by 10% (within the High Needs Block);
(13) the proposal to provide additional funding for pupils with Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) in mainstream schools of 3.4%.
(14) the assumed funding for the protection of social care 2023/24 through the Better Care Fund.
Reason for Recommendation: To ensure that the Council set a balanced budget for 2023/24.