Contact: Nikoleta Nikolova, Senior Democratic and Electoral Services Officer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Declarations of Interest
To receive declarations of disclosable pecuniary or non pecuniary interests, arising from business to be transacted at this meeting, from:
(a) all Members of the Committee, Sub-Committee or Panel;
(b) all other Members present.
RESOLVED: That the following declarations made at the meeting by Councillors in relation to agenda item 6 of the published agenda, Recommendation from the Traffic and Road Safety Advisory Panel – 10 August 2020 – Harrow Street Spaces Programme – 2020/21, be noted:
· Councillor Paul Osborn: (Non-Pecuniary Interest) – Lived on Vaughan Road, part of the West Harrow Low Traffic Neighbourhood Scheme.
· Councillor Keith Ferry: (Non-Pecuniary Interest) – Ward Member for Greenhill.
· Councillor Varsha Parmar: (Non-Pecuniary Interest) – Marlborough Ward Councillor where schemes were being proposed.
· Councillor Marilyn Ashton: (Non-Pecuniary Interest) – Ward Member for Stanmore Park and Local Authority appointed Governor of Park High School.
That the minutes of the meeting held on 22 July 2020 be taken as read and signed as a correct record.
RESOLVED: That the minutes of the meeting held on 22 July 2020 be taken
as read and signed as a correct record.
To receive petitions (if any) submitted by members of the public/Councillors under the provisions of Executive Procedure Rule 49 (Part 4D of the Constitution).
RESOLVED: To note that no petitions had been received.
To receive any public questions received in accordance with Executive Procedure Rule 51 (Part 4D of the Constitution).
[The deadline for receipt of public questions is 3.00 pm, Friday 14 August 2020. Questions should be sent to email@example.com
No person may submit more than one question].
RESOLVED: To note that
(1) with the exception of Question 4 submitted by Ms Veronica Chamberlain in relation to communication on the proposed traffic measures, all other public questions received be responded to in writing following the meeting;
(2) Question 4 was read and responded to at the meeting by the Deputy Leader of the Council.
The report considered by the Traffic and Road Safety Advisory Panel is attached.
Members present were permitted to speak about the recommendations from Traffic and Road Safety Advisory Panel (TARSAP). The Portfolio Holder – Environment made representations about the importance of maintaining schemes to support the health of residents.
The Deputy Leader was of the view that three of the recommendations required amendment and shared a version of his proposed amendments with those present in the meeting. The Deputy Leader proposed amendments to:
· recommendation 2 in response to the Portfolio Holder’s views on the importance of maintaining a larger pedestrian space in specific areas to allow social distancing;
· recommendation 3 to remove LTN-02 from the approved schemes and to require further consultation on this scheme, delegating authority to the Corporate Director, following consultation with the Portfolio Holder, to determine whether the scheme should continue;
· recommendation 6 in relation to George V cycle scheme to not take forward the proposed scheme and require further consultation on any future scheme.
In addition, the Deputy Leader proposed an additional recommendation 10 requiring a review of the procedure for schemes to be presented to TARSAP.
Members present at the meeting were permitted to make representations about the proposed amendments.
Having regard of procedure rule 3 of the Appendix to the Executive Procedure Rules to the Harrow Council Constitution, in that an urgent key decision was being taken by the Deputy Leader in the absence of the Leader, following consultation with the relevant Portfolio Holder, it was
(1) the impact of the health crisis on travel and public transport due to social distancing requirements and the measures proposed by the Government and the Mayor of London to address the crisis be noted;
(2) the pedestrian space schemes implemented, as shown in the revised Appendix A, table 1, be noted, and be prioritised for a review as set out in recommendation 8, such review to be conducted by 15 September 2020 following further footfall survey results;
(3) the low traffic neighbourhood schemes shown in the revised Appendix A, table 2, for implementation on an experimental basis by the end of September 2020:
(a) be approved, with the exception of the following:
LTN-02 – Pinner View area, Headstone South
LTN-05 – Green Lane area, Stanmore
LTN-07 – Byron Road area, Wealdstone
LTN-08 – Dennis Lane area, Stanmore
LTN-09 – Princes Drive area, Stanmore
(b) that the Low Traffic Neighbourhood Scheme – LTN-02, Pinner View area, Headstone South be subject to consultation with ward councillors, TARSAP members and local residents and the Corporate Director of Community, following consultation with the Portfolio Holder for Environment, be delegated authority to determine whether the scheme should be implemented;
(4) the school streets schemes, as shown in the revised Appendix A, table 3, for implementation on an experimental basis by the end of September 2020, be approved;
(5) the cycling schemes – SC-01, SC-03 and SC-09 – implemented as shown in the revised Appendix A, table 4, be noted;
(6) for the George V Avenue (Hatch End) cycle scheme, SC-10:
(a) the ... view the full minutes text for item 48.