Venue: Virtual Meeting - Online. View directions
Contact: Andrew Seaman, Senior Democratic Services Officer E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointment of Chair
To appoint a Chair for the purposes of this meeting.
RESOLVED: That Councillor Primesh Patel be appointed Chair of the Licensing Panel Hearing.
Declarations of Interest
To receive declarations of disclosable pecuniary or non pecuniary interests, arising from business to be transacted at this meeting, from:
(a) all Members of the Panel;
(b) all other Members present.
RESOLVED: To note that there were no declarations of interest made by members.
[Note: Licensing Panel minutes are:-
(1) approved following each meeting by the Members serving on that particular occasion and signed as a correct record by the Chair for that meeting;
(2) not submitted to the next panel meeting for approval.
Reasons: The Licensing Panel is constituted from a pooled membership. Consequently, a subsequent Panel meeting is likely to comprise a different Chair and Members who took no part in the previous meeting’s proceedings. The process referred to at (1) above provides appropriate approval scrutiny].
(See Note at conclusion of these minutes).
Procedure to be followed at an oral hearing.
The Chair asked the Panel Members, officer/s, Responsible Authority/ies and other attendees at the meeting to introduce themselves and then outlined the procedure for the conduct of an oral hearing, which was set out in the agenda.
The Man of Aran, 424-426 Alexandra Avenue, Harrow, Middlesex, HA2 9TW.
Report of the Interim Director, Environmental Services.
The Panel carefullyconsidered allthe relevantinformation including:
· All written and oral representations made by all theparties.
· The Licensing Act 2003 and the steps that are appropriate to promote the licensing objectives.
· The Guidanceissued undersection 182of theLicensing Act2003.
· Harrow Council’sLicensing Policy.
· The Human RightsAct 1998.
ThePanelhearingwasheld remotelyand viaan onlineplatform. ThePanel werepresent throughout andwere ableto see andhear allrepresentations made.
1) This was an application to vary a premises licence for the Premises known as the Man of Aran, 424-426 Alexandra Avenue, Harrow, Middlesex H82 90W (the “Premises”) in order to amend the licensable hours for the sale of alcohol for consumption on the premises, as well as the provision of late-night refreshment and the opening hours of the Premises. The Applicant also sought to update and amend the conditions on the licence and the Premises Plan.
2) The existing licensable hours for the provision of sale of alcohol and the provision of live music and recorded music are 10:30 – 23:00 hours Monday to Saturday and 10:30 to 22:30 on Sunday. The opening hours the Premises are 10:30 to 20 minutes after the end of licensing hours. There is also a seasonal variation to allow extended hours on New Year’s Eve.
3) The Applicant sought to amend these hours so that the sale of alcohol for consumption on the Premises and the hours the Premises were open to the public were extended to 10:00 to 01:00 Monday to Sunday and the provision of late-night refreshment would be 2300 to 01:00 Monday to Sunday. The Applicant also sought to remove the condition in Annex 2 of the premises licence and delete condition 3 of Annex 3 of the licence. Both conditions related to the presence of young children on the Premises without adult supervision. The full wording of these conditions, the existing licence and the application to vary the same are in the agenda papers.
4) Following consultation with the Police the Applicant agreed amended hours of licensable activity and amended conditions, such that the opening hours for the Premises and the hours for the supply of alcohol for consumption on the Premises would be amended to 10:00 to 00:00 Sunday to Thursday and from 10:00 to 01:00 on Friday and Saturday. The amended hours for the provision of late-night refreshment would be 2300 to 00:00 Sunday to Thursday, and 23:00 to 01:00 hours on Friday and Saturday. The agreed conditions largely mirror and amalgamate the conditions proposed by the Applicant in the application. The Applicant's original proposed conditions and the conditions agreed with the Police are set out in Appendix 5 and Appendix 6 to the agenda.
5) In response to the application there was a petition by eight people who were residents living above the Premises ... view the full minutes text for item 107.