Venue: Committee Room 5, Harrow Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, HA1 2XY. View directions
Contact: Nikoleta Nikolova, Senior Democratic and Election Services Officer Tel: 020 8424 8284 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointment of Chair
To appoint a Chair for the purposes of this meeting.
RESOLVED: That Councillor Primesh Patel be appointed Chair of the Licensing Panel Hearing.
Declarations of Interest
To receive declarations of disclosable pecuniary or non pecuniary interests, arising from business to be transacted at this meeting, from:
(a) all Members of the Panel;
(b) all other Members present.
RESOLVED: To note that there were no declarations of interest made by Members.
[Note: Licensing Panel minutes are:-
(1) approved following each meeting by the Members serving on that particular occasion and signed as a correct record by the Chair for that meeting;
(2) not submitted to the next panel meeting for approval.
Reasons: The Licensing Panel is constituted from a pooled membership. Consequently, a subsequent Panel meeting is likely to comprise a different Chair and Members who took no part in the previous meeting’s proceedings. The process referred to at (1) above provides appropriate approval scrutiny].
(See Note at conclusion of these minutes).
Procedure to be followed at an oral hearing.
The Chair asked the Panel Members, officer/s, Responsible Authority/ies and other attendees at the meeting to introduce themselves and then outlined the procedure for the conduct of an oral hearing, which was set out in the agenda.
Report of the Corporate Director, Community
The Panel carefully considered all the relevant information including:
· written and oral representations by all the parties
· the Licensing Act 2003 and the steps that are appropriate to promote the licensing objectives
· the Guidance issued under section 182 of the Licensing Act 2003
· Harrow Council’s Licensing Policy
· Human Rights Act 1998.
· the considerations in s.17 of the Crime and Disorder Act 1998
Members of the Panel also took into consideration the following, full details of which were set out in the Decision Notice sent to all interested parties:
- Google reviews and location screenshots of two other restaurants run by the Applicant’s company, the cover letter submitted with the Application and email exchanges between one of the Objectors and the Applicant;
- the Applicant’s cooperation and willingness to accept all conditions proposed by the Police as set out in Appendix 4 of the Agenda documents, including a condition which restricted the playing of background music in the outdoor area until 1900 hours on Sunday evenings;
- the willingness to keep all noise levels to a minimum, including the installation of additional measures such as low level speakers in the outdoor area and the set up of a designated phone number for reporting of any disruption;
- the issue with the licensing hours for the provision of late night refreshment on Fridays and Saturdays had been resolved and amended so that service of food and hot drinks would terminate at 01:30 hours instead of 02:00 hours. In addition, alcohol would not be served in the outdoor area after 23:00 hours on any evening;
- the commitment from the applicant to address concerns over potential Anti-Social Behaviour (ASB) through the use of CCTV and SIA security as well as effective management of the premises and staff training thereby ensuring the safe and efficient customers’ dispersal from the premises at closing time;
- the costs of renting the premises and the need to utilise all available space in order to ensure business continuity;.
- the concerns over noise travelling to surrounding residential properties did not constitute sufficient evidence to prove the potential ineffective management of the premises by the Applicant.
RESOLVED: Togrant the premises licence for the hours sought subject to the following conditions:
Hours open to the Public and Licensable Activities:
Hours open to the public
Sale of retail of alcohol
Late night refreshment
Recorded music(f), anything similar to (e), (f) or (g)
Conditions (which will form ... view the full minutes text for item 76.