Venue: Committee Room 5, Harrow Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, HA1 2XY
Contact: Daksha Ghelani, Senior Democratic Services Officer Tel: 020 8424 1881 E-mail: email@example.com
Appointment of Chair
To appoint a Chair for the purposes of this meeting.
RESOLVED: That Councillor Michael Borio be appointed Chair of the Licensing Panel Hearing.
Declarations of Interest
To receive declarations of disclosable pecuniary or non pecuniary interests, arising from business to be transacted at this meeting, from:
(a) all Members of the Panel;
(b) all other Members present.
RESOLVED: To note that there were no declarations of interest made by Members.
[Note: Licensing Panel minutes are:-
(1) approved following each meeting by the Members serving on that particular occasion and signed as a correct record by the Chair for that meeting;
(2) not submitted to the next panel meeting for approval.
Reasons: The Licensing Panel is constituted from a pooled membership. Consequently, a subsequent Panel meeting is likely to comprise a different Chair and Members who took no part in the previous meeting’s proceedings. The process referred to at (1) above provides appropriate approval scrutiny].
(See Note at conclusion of these minutes).
Procedure to be followed at an oral hearing.
The Chairman asked the Panel Members, officer/s, Responsible Authority/ies and other attendees at the meeting to introduce themselves and then outlined the procedure for the conduct of an oral hearing, which was set out in the agenda.
Report of the Corporate Director Community
The Licensing Panel carefully considered all the relevant information including:
· written and oral representations by all parties;
· the Licensing Act 2003 and the steps that were appropriate to promote the licensing objectives;
· the Guidance issued under section 182 of the Licensing Act 2003;
· Harrow Council’s Licensing Policy;
· Human Rights Act 1998.
Members of the Panel also took into consideration the following, full details of which were set out in the Decision Notice sent to all interested parties:
· the licence holder had agreed to the comprehensive suite of conditions proposed by the applicant and that the counsel for the premises licence holder had made suggestions to improve those conditions, including the retention of relevant conditions at annex 2 and annex 3 of the premises licence;
· hours that the premises were open to the public and hours at which licensable activities could take place and whether they needed to be reduced as proposed by the applicant;
· many of the incidents set out in the application had taken place at early hours in the morning and that they had often resulted in the Police being called to the premises;
· the premises were located in a mainly residential area;
· the financial viability of the premises was not a concern for the Panel under the licensing objectives;
· the credibility of those managing the premises due to the contradicting and inconsistent answers given to questions.
RESOLVED: That a premises licence for Maya Pub, 3 Shaftesbury Parade, Shaftesbury Avenue, South Harrow, Middlesex, HA2 0AJ not be revoked but that there be reduced hours for opening to the public and reduced hours for licensable activities, amended conditions and additional conditions as set out below:
Hours open to the public
Friday - Saturday – 08:00 - 00:00
Late night refreshment
Friday - Saturday – 23:00 – 23:30
All other licensable activities
Friday - Saturday – 08:00 – 23:30.
The existing conditions in Annex 2 and Annex 3 of the Licence be amended as follows:
The words ‘upon entry’ be removed from condition 1.
Conditions 3, 4, 5 and 6 be removed.
Condition 3 be removed.
The addition of the following conditions to the licence:
1. at least one First Aider trained to deal with problems associated with alcohol and drugs or anything else that might arise that required their assistance to be on duty when the premises were open for licensable activities. An adequate and appropriate supply of First Aid equipment and materials must be available on the premises. Records must be maintained in relation to the supply of any First Aid treatment. These records must be produced immediately on request to officers of the Metropolitan Police or ... view the full minutes text for item 46.