Venue: Committee Rooms 1 & 2, Harrow Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, HA1 2XY. View directions
Contact: Manize Talukdar, Senior Democratic Services Officer Tel: 020 8424 1323 E-mail: email@example.com
Appointment of Chair
To appoint a Chair for the purposes of this meeting.
RESOLVED: That Councillor Primesh Patel be appointed Chair of the Licensing Panel hearing.
Declarations of Interest
To receive declarations of disclosable pecuniary or non pecuniary interests, arising from business to be transacted at this meeting, from:
(a) all Members of the Panel;
(b) all other Members present.
RESOLVED: To note that the following interests were declared:
Agenda Item 5 - McDonald's Restaurant, Shaftesbury Parade, Shaftesbury Circle, South Harrow, Middlesex, HA2 0AE
Councillor Dan Anderson declared a non-pecuniary interest in that he was Ward Councillor for Harrow on the Hill. He would remain in the room whilst the matter was considered and voted upon.
[Note: Licensing Panel minutes are:-
(1) approved following each meeting by the Members serving on that particular occasion and signed as a correct record by the Chair for that meeting;
(2) not submitted to the next panel meeting for approval.
Reasons: The Licensing Panel is constituted from a pooled membership. Consequently, a subsequent Panel meeting is likely to comprise a different Chair and Members who took no part in the previous meeting’s proceedings. The process referred to at (1) above provides appropriate approval scrutiny].
(See Note at conclusion of these minutes).
Procedure to be followed at an oral hearing.
The Chairman asked the Panel Members, officer/s, Responsible Authority/ies and other attendees at the meeting to introduce themselves and then outlined the procedure for the conduct of an oral hearing, which was set out in the agenda.
Report of the Corporate Director, Environment.
The Licensing Panel carefully considered all relevant information including:
· Written and oral representations by all the parties
· The Licensing Act 2003
· The Guidance issued under section 182 of the Licensing Act 2003
· Harrow Council’s Licensing Policy
· Human Rights Act 1998
· The considerations in s.17 of the Crime and disorder Act 1998
Having considered all the oral and written representations put before them, the Panel resolved to grant the Application as sought and not to impose further conditions on the Licence other than the ones already offered by the Applicant or agreed with the Objectors at the meeting of the parties.
The Panel acknowledged that the area the Premises are located in are primarily residential. But the Panel were satisfied that the conditions offered by the Applicant would prevent the licensing objectives from being undermined.
The Panel placed weight on the fact that the Police were satisfied with the conditions originally proposed by the Applicant and saw no need to make a representation. The Panel also placed weight on the lack of objection from the Council in its capacity as the Licensing Authority. The good working relationship between the Applicant and the Council’s ASB team was noted by the Panel.
RESOLVED: To grant the premises licence for the hours set out below and subject to the following conditions:
Hours Open to the Public and for Licensable Activities
Hours open to the Public & Late Night Refreshment
The Panel resolved that the following conditions should be applied to the licence:
1. The head unit (recorder) for storing CCTV images must be located in a secure cabinet or other secure area out of the sight and reach of the public.
2. The CCTV system to be maintained and operated in good order and to the satisfaction of the Metropolitan Police’s reasonable requests. The medium upon which the images are recorded will be clearly identifiable, stored securely and retained for a period of not less than 31 days. Footage and screenshots shall be made available to the Police and Licensing Authority Officers immediately upon request in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
3. Such footage must be provided in an immediately viewable format and must include any software etc. which is required to view the footage. Any discs, portable drives or other storage media onto which the footage is transferred must be provided by the Premises.
4. A member of staff who is trained to operate the system and supply the footage must be present at the Premises at all times when licensable activities are taking place.
5. There shall be a fully trained manager at the Premises between 23:00 ... view the full minutes text for item 21.