Venue: Committee Room 5, Harrow Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, HA1 2XY. View directions
Contact: Frankie Belloli, Senior Democratic & Electoral Services Officer Tel: 020 8424 1263 E-mail: email@example.com
Appointment of Chair
To appoint a Chair for the purposes of this meeting.
RESOLVED: That Councillor Barry Kendler be appointed Chair of the Licensing Panel Hearing.
Declarations of Interest
To receive declarations of disclosable pecuniary or non pecuniary interests, arising from business to be transacted at this meeting, from:
(a) all Members of the Panel;
(b) all other Members present.
RESOLVED: To note that there were no declarations of interests made by Members.
[Note: Licensing Panel minutes are:-
(1) approved following each meeting by the Members serving on that particular occasion and signed as a correct record by the Chair for that meeting;
(2) not submitted to the next panel meeting for approval.
Reasons: The Licensing Panel is constituted from a pooled membership. Consequently, a subsequent Panel meeting is likely to comprise a different Chair and Members who took no part in the previous meeting’s proceedings. The process referred to at (1) above provides appropriate approval scrutiny].
(See Note at conclusion of these minutes).
Procedure to be followed at an oral hearing.
The Chairman asked the Panel Members, officer/s, Responsible Authorities and other attendees at the meeting to introduce themselves and then outlined the procedure for the conduct of an oral hearing, which was set out in the agenda.
Report of the Divisional Director of Environment and Culture.
RESOLVED: To vary the premises licence subject to the following timings and conditions:
Hours Open to the Public and for Licensable Activities
Live music, Recorded Music, performance of dance and similar, sale of retail alcohol
Late Night Refreshment
Hours Open to the Public
Licensing activity hours will be 12:00 – 04:00 on the following days: Valentine’s Day, Nepalese Republic Day, Dussehra, Diwali, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day and all public bank holidays.
The Panel agreed that all the conditions in Annex 2 of the current Premises Licence be removed and replaced with the following:
Prevention of crime and disorder
(1) The Premises Licence Holder or Designated Premises Supervisor shall install and maintain a comprehensive CCTV system to the satisfaction of the Metropolitan Police. All entry and exit points must be covered enabling frontal identification of every person entering.
(2) The Designated Premises Licence Holder shall ensure that the CCTV system shall continually record whilst the Premises is open for licensable activities and during all times when customers remain on the Premises. All recordings shall be stored for a minimum period of 31 days with date and time stamping.
(3) Recordings shall be made available immediately upon the request of the Police or authorised officer of the Licensing Authority providing such requests are in connection with the prevention or detection of crime. Recordings are to be supplied in the form of digital download burned onto a flash drive, DVD or CD disc.
(4) A staff member from the Premises who is conversant with the operation of the CCTV system shall be on the Premises at all times when the Premises is open to the public. This staff member shall be able to show Police or an authorised officer to the licensing authority recent data or footage with the minimum delay when so requested.
(5) All faults/defects in the CCTV system must be reported to the Metropolitan Police immediately the fault is discovered. The notification must be made to the Metropolitan Police non-emergency telephone number 101 and a log number obtained from the Police and recorded in the incident book. The Harrow Police Licensing Unit must also be notified as soon as reasonably practicable.
(6) All faults with the CCTV system shall be repaired as soon as possible and in any case within two working days after which time, if the system is still inoperative, no licensable activities shall take place without the agreement of Harrow Police Licensing ... view the full minutes text for item 148.