Venue: Committee Room 5, Harrow Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, HA1 2XY. View directions
Contact: Manize Talukdar, Democratic & Electoral Services Officer Tel: 020 8424 1323 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointment of Chair
To appoint a Chair for the purposes of this meeting.
RESOLVED: That Councillor Ramji Chauhan be appointed Chair of the Licensing Panel Hearing.
Declarations of Interest
To receive declarations of disclosable pecuniary or non pecuniary interests, arising from business to be transacted at this meeting, from:
(a) all Members of the Panel;
(b) all other Members present.
RESOLVED: To note that there were no declarations of interests made by Members.
[Note: Licensing Panel minutes are:-
(1) approved following each meeting by the Members serving on that particular occasion and signed as a correct record by the Chair for that meeting;
(2) not submitted to the next panel meeting for approval.
Reasons: The Licensing Panel is constituted from a pooled membership. Consequently, a subsequent Panel meeting is likely to comprise a different Chair and Members who took no part in the previous meeting’s proceedings. The process referred to at (1) above provides appropriate approval scrutiny].
(See Note at conclusion of these minutes).
Procedure to be followed at an oral hearing.
The Chairman asked the Panel Members, officer/s, Responsible Authority/ies and other attendees at the meeting to introduce themselves and then outlined the procedure for the conduct of an oral hearing, which was set out in the agenda.
Report of the Divisional Director, Community Directorate.
RESOLVED: To vary the premises licence subject to the following timings and amendments to conditions:
Licensable activities and hours permitted:
(a) On Bank Holiday weekends, the Licensable Activities and hours open to the public be extended by one hour.
(b) Licensable activities and hours open to public can be extended between the terminal on New Years Eve and the commencement hour on the following morning.
Amended Conditions (which will form Annex 3 of the Licence):
8. SIA Door Supervisors will be deployed on Thursday to Saturdays from 11 pm until the premises are closed to the Public.
14. A Challenge 25 Policy will be in operation at the premises.
21. Public Transport information and local Taxi numbers will be available at the Reception.
31. A designated cordoned off area for smokers will be provided outside the premises, such smoking area to be positioned in such a way as to not to interfere with the access and egress of residents into Stanmore Tower.
32. A sound limiting device located in a separate and remote lockable cabinet from the volume control shall be fitted to any musical amplification system and set at a level determined by and to the satisfaction of an Environmental Health Officer to ensure that no noise nuisance is caused to local residents. The operational panel of the noise limiter shall then be secured to the satisfaction of an Environmental Health Officer or Licensing Authority authorised officer. The keys securing the noise limiter cabinet shall be held by the licence holder or authorised manager only, and shall not be accessed by any other person. The limiter shall not be altered without prior agreement of the Environmental Health Officer.
Condition 20 on the existing licence is removed.
The Panel carefully considered all the relevant information including:
· Written and oral representations by all the parties
· The Licensing Act 2003
· The Guidance issued under section 182 of the Licensing Act 2003
· Harrow Council’s Licensing Policy
· Human Rights Act 1998
· The considerations in s.17 of the Crime and Disorder Act 1998
The Panel first heard from the Principal Licensing Officer who corrected two typographical errors in the report regarding the hours ... view the full minutes text for item 138.