Report of the Divisional Director, Housing Services.
(1) the collaboration with the lead Borough Ealing, in order to utilise the funding awarded under the Green Homes Grant: Local Authority Delivery scheme (GHG:LAD) Phase 2 and any further phases to the West London consortium of 12 boroughs, be agreed to enable retrofit solutions works to be delivered via an appointed managing agent procured by the lead Borough).
a. Approve the contribution of £75,000 from the HRA under Phase 2 which required the Council to match fund one third of the Green Homes Grant of £150,000 for the installation of energy efficiency measures to council owned properties.
b. Seek and secure future funding including Phase 3 of the Green Homes Grant Local Authority Delivery Scheme, Sustainable Warmth Competition, and/or Home Upgrade Grant following, following a West London Consortium competitive procurement process or other compliant procurement process, to take all necessary actions to utilise such funding and carry out further retrofit works to homes in the Borough.
Reason for Decision: An indicative allocation, based on population and fuel poverty figures, of £10.788 million was awarded to the West London Consortium. Harrow’s indicative allocation for Phase 2 is £750,000 based on this formula. This would fund the retrofitting of at least a further 75 properties in addition to the anticipated 58 in Phase 1a.
The delivery of retrofit activity under the scheme would enable the Council to:
- Addressthe ClimateEmergency thatHarrow Councilhad declared by undertaking domestic retrofit measures in the borough.
- Targetnot onlyHarrow’s poorestenergy performingstock butalso those households ingreatest needhelping toreduce fuelpoverty.
- Contribute to helping the local Harrow economy by providingopportunities for local training within colleges and employmentopportunities, viaagreed socialvalue contribution/commitments.
- Improve the energy efficiency of private properties and social housing, supported by grantfunding and £75,000 Harrow HRA funding.
Due to the estimated value of the proposed contract award, Cabinet authorisation was required to comply with the Council’s Contract Procedure rules and to enable utilisation of the grant funding.
Alternative Options Considered and Rejected: As set out in the report.
Conflict of Interest relating to the matter declared by Cabinet Member/Dispensation Granted: None.