Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Cabinet is requested to:
1. Give authority to officers to increase the programme budget above £2.4m for an additional £1.6m. This is to be funded entirely from HRA capital resources in the second project budget year 2022-2023.
2. Delegated authority to extend the legal contract with the successful tenderer to encompass the full scope of works as tendered with the Corporate Community Director - Housing, in consultation with the Portfolio Holders for Housing and Finance & Resources.
(1) the increase to the current Programme budget of £2.4m by an additional £1.6m to a new total budget of £4,000,000, funded from Housing Revenue Account (HRA) capital resources in financial years 2021/22 and 2022/23, be approved;
(2) the commencement of a procurement process to identify a suitable provider to deliver the enhanced Programme be approved;
(3) the Corporate Director of Community, following consultation with the Portfolio Holders for Housing and Finance and Resources, be authorised to award a contract to the Most Economically Advantageous Tender following the completion of a compliant procurement process;
(4) the Corporate Director of Community, following consultation with the Portfolio Holders for Housing and Finance and Resources, be authorised to issue a Letter of Intent to the successful tenderer to carry out pre contract surveys and to order materials with expected long lead-in times for delivery.
Reason for Decision: The increased estimated Programme value required Cabinet approval for the additional budget to comply with the Council’s Contract Procedure Rules and Financial Regulations.
Alternative Options Considered and Rejected: As set out in the report.
Conflict of Interest relating to the matter declared by Cabinet Member/Dispensation Granted: None.
Report author: Divisional Director, Housing Services
Publication date: 22/10/2021
Date of decision: 21/10/2021
Decided at meeting: 21/10/2021 - Cabinet
Effective from: 30/10/2021