Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommend Forward to Council
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
Cabinet is asked to note the report and recommend to Council that the Treasury Management Strategy Statement for 2021/22 be approved including:
· Prudential Indicators for 2021/22;
· Minimum Revenue Provision Policy Statement for 2021/22;
· Annual Investment Strategy for 2021/22.
· •Capital Strategy for 2021/22
Resolved to RECOMMEND: (to Council)
(1) That the Treasury Management Strategy Statement for 2021/22 be approved, including:
· Prudential Indicators for 2021/22
· Minimum Revenue Provision Policy Statement for 2021/22, as set out in paragraph 2.10 and Appendix C to the officer report;
· Annual Investment Strategy for 2021/22
(2) That the Annual Capital Strategy as set out in Appendix G to the officer report, be approved.
Reason for Recommendation: Topromote effective financial management relating to the Authority’s borrowing and investment powers contained in the Local Government Act 2003, and supporting regulations and guidance detailed below:
· the Local Authorities (Capital Finance and Accounting) Regulations 2003 (as amended);
· CIPFA Prudential Code and Treasury Management Code of Practice 2017;
· MHCLG Investment and MRP Guidance 2018.
Alternative Options Considered and Rejected: As set out in the report.
Conflict of Interest relating to the matter declared by Cabinet Member/Dispensation Granted: None.
[Call-in did not apply to the decisions above as they were reserved to full Council.]
Report author: Director of Finance
Publication date: 12/02/2021
Date of decision: 11/02/2021
Decided at meeting: 11/02/2021 - Cabinet