Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
1. To note the Revenue and Capital forecast position as at Quarter 2
2. To approve virements.
3. To approve any amendment in the capital programme delegated to Cabinet
(1) the revenue and capital forecast positions, as set out in paragraphs 1.2 and 1.8 to the officer report, be noted;
(2) the grave concerns expressed at the legacy impact of COVID-19 over the Medium Term Financial Strategy (MTFS) and the work being undertaken on finance sustainability, as set out in paragraphs 2.50 to 2.53 of the officer report, be noted;
(3) the proposed amendments to the Capital Programme, as set out in paragraphs 3.39 to 3.49 of the officer the report, be approved;
(4) progress on the Council’s Trading Update as at Quarter 2, detailed in Appendix 6 to the officer report, be noted.
Reason for Decision: To report the 2020/21 forecast financial position as at Quarter 2 (30th September 2020), to update Cabinet on trading company performance and to seek approval for Capital Programme adjustments which required Cabinet approval in accordance with the Financial Regulations.
Alternative Options Considered and Rejected: As set out in the report.
Conflict of Interest relating to the matter declared by Cabinet Member/Dispensation Granted: None.
Report author: Charlie Stewart
Publication date: 18/12/2020
Date of decision: 17/12/2020
Decided at meeting: 17/12/2020 - Cabinet
Effective from: 30/12/2020