Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Delegate authority to the Corporate Director, People Services following consultation with the Portfolio Holders for Young People and Schools and Finance and Resources to issue a direct award to the incumbent provider for the Harrow’s information advice and guidance service and approve the financial contribution to be made by the Council to Harrow Clinical Commissioning Group for the Harrow’s Emotional Wellbeing Service.
(1) the Corporate Director of People Services be authorised, following consultation with the Portfolio Holder for Children, Schools and Young People, together with the Portfolio Holder for Finance and Resources to:
· issue a direct award to the incumbent provider for the Harrow information advice and guidance service; and
· approve the financial contribution to be made by the Council to Harrow Clinical Commissioning Group, for the Harrow’s Emotional Wellbeing Service.
Reason for Decision: To enable the Local Authority to fulfil its statutory duties to:
· meet the emotional and mental health needs of children and young people
· encourage, enable or assist young people’s participation in education or training and to assist the most vulnerable and risk of disengaging with education or work.
Alternative Options Considered and Rejected: As set out in the report.
Conflict of Interest relating to the matter declared by Cabinet Member/Dispensation Granted: None.
Report author: Corporate Director, People
Publication date: 12/11/2020
Date of decision: 11/11/2020
Decided at meeting: 11/11/2020 - Cabinet
Effective from: 20/11/2020