Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommend Forward to Council
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
To seek approval of the new approach to engagement with Cabinet and Portfolio Holders including an associated revision to the Contract Procedure Rules and to note
the procurement programme for the period April 2023 to March 2024 and Contracts awarded in 2022.
Resolved to RECOMMEND: (to Council)
(1) the amendments to the Contract Procedure Rules as set out in Appendix 1 to the officer report be agreed.
[Call-in does not apply to the decision above as it is reserved to full Council.]
(2) the on-going updating of the annual procurement programme be delegated to the Director of Finance and Assurance following consultation with the Portfolio Holder for Finance and Human Resources, noting that a procurement programme would be reported to Cabinet annually;
(3) the procurement programme for all procurement with an aggregate value of over £100,000 for the period April 2023 to March 2024 as set out in Appendix 2 to the officer report, be noted;
(4) all the contracts over £100,000 awarded during the period January 2022 to the end of December 2022 as set out in Appendix 3 to the officer report, be noted;
(5) it be noted that the annual review of low value procurement activity up to £100,000 would be undertaken by the Head of Procurement following consultation with the Portfolio Holder for Finance and Human Resources.
Reason for Recommendation: To provide full oversight of the delivery of the procurement programme for the period January 2022 to end of December 2022; to provide Cabinet with an opportunity to see the planned procurement programme over £100,000 for the period April 2023 to March 2024 and to allow for early engagement of respective Portfolio Holders in each of the procurements under the programme over £500,000; and to offer assurance to Cabinet that robust local authority governance and probity was in place in all procurement under £100,000.
Report author: Director of Finance
Publication date: 17/03/2023
Date of decision: 16/03/2023
Decided at meeting: 16/03/2023 - Cabinet