Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
To approve the policy on the Household Support Fund extension and the Delivery Plan options for allocating the funding made available through the Household Support Fund extension.
(1) the allocation of the extension of the Household Support Fund as set out in the officer report, be approved;
(2) the purchase of vouchers for the elements identified in the officer report through the Post Office Voucher Scheme, be approved;
(3) the award of contract to the Post Office for a value of £511,250 using Regulation 32 (2) (C) of the Public Contract Regulations 2015 which permitted contracting authorities to award public contracts by negotiated procedure without prior publication, be approved;
(4) the Corporate Director of Resources following consultation with the Portfolio Holder for Performance, Communications and Customer Experience be authorised to make technical scheme amendments to ensure the scheme met the criteria set by the Government and the Council and remained within the indicative grant level; and
(5) the Corporate Director of Resources, following consultation with the Portfolio Holder for Performance, Communications and Customer Experience, be authorised to make technical changes to the proposed scheme should the grant level or the delivery plan submitted change.
Reason for Decision: The recommendations in the report met the essential criteria for the grant as set out by Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). The Council had considered where best to focus the funding and the proposals provided a balance of support together with focus so that the funding was not spread too thinly.
Alternative Options Considered and Rejected: As set out in the report.
Conflict of Interest relating to the matter declared by Cabinet Member/Dispensation Granted: None.
Publication date: 24/06/2022
Date of decision: 23/06/2022
Decided at meeting: 23/06/2022 - Cabinet