Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To request Cabinet to:
1) Declare surplus and approve the disposal of the properties detailed in this report;
2) Note the financial implications and estimated sale prices detailed in the Exempt Appendix 1 to the report;
3) Authorise the Corporate Director of Community, following consultation with the Portfolio Holder for Business, Property and Leisure to take all appropriate action to dispose of the Council’s freehold interest in the properties detailed for the best consideration reasonably obtainable.
Having noted the confidential appendix to the officer report, Cabinet
(1) the properties detailed in the officer report under numbers 1 to 8 be declared surplus and their disposal be approved;
(2) the financial implications and estimated sale prices as set out in confidential Appendix 1 to the officer report, be noted;
(3) the Corporate Director of Community be authorised, following consultation with the Portfolio Holder (PH) for Business, Property and Leisure, to take all appropriate action to dispose of the Council’s freehold interest, where appropriate in the properties detailed under numbers 1 – 8 in the officer report for the best consideration reasonably obtainable and to consider the reviewed options for property number 9 in respect of bringing this forward for future development and to progress the preferred option;
(4) the Corporate Director of Community undertake to review the options to bringing forward Belmont Community Centre and Kingshill Car Park, property number 9 for development, retaining the community centre and that the results of the deliberation be reported to Cabinet when finalised.
Reason for Decision: The nine disposals recommended would release assets which were surplus to Council requirements and that either required significant expenditure to repair, renovate, or develop and had no value or had little value or beneficial use from retention per se.
Alternative Options Considered and Rejected: As set out in the report.
Conflict of Interest relating to the matter declared by Cabinet Member/Dispensation Granted: None.
Report author: Corporate Director, Community
Publication date: 19/03/2021
Date of decision: 18/03/2021
Decided at meeting: 18/03/2021 - Cabinet
Effective from: 27/03/2021