Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
1. To note the Revenue and Capital forecast position as at Quarter 3
2. To approve virements
3. To approve any amendment in the capital programme delegated to Cabinet
(1) the revenue and capital forecast positions set out in paragraphs 1.2 and 1.10 of the officer report, be noted;
(2) the grave concerns being expressed at the legacy impact of COVID-19 over the Medium-Term Financial Strategy (MTFS) and the work being undertaken on finance sustainability, as set out in paragraphs 2.46 to 2.53 of the officer report, be noted;
(3) the proposed amendments to the Capital Programme as set out in paragraphs 3.33 to 3.35 of the officer report, be approved;
(4) progress on the Council’s Trading Update as at Quarter 3, as detailed in Appendix 6 to the officer report, be noted.
Reason for Decision: To report the 2020/21 forecast financial position as at Quarter 3 (31 December 2020), update Cabinet on trading company performance and seek approval for Capital Programme adjustments which required Cabinet approval in accordance with the Financial Regulations.
Alternative Options Considered and Rejected: As set out in the report.
Conflict of Interest relating to the matter declared by Cabinet Member/Dispensation Granted: None.
Divisional Director of Housing
Councillor Phil O’Dell, Portfolio Holder for Housing, advised that this was the last Cabinet meeting of Nick Powell, Divisional Director for Housing. On behalf of all Cabinet Members, he expressed his gratitude to Mr Powell for his time and hard work leading the Council’s regeneration programme and wished him every success in the future.
Report author: Charlie Stewart
Publication date: 12/02/2021
Date of decision: 11/02/2021
Decided at meeting: 11/02/2021 - Cabinet
Effective from: 20/02/2021