Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To approve the letting of a contract jointly with London Borough of Barnet for the provision of Electoral Services printing.
Having agreed to note the confidential appendices to the officer report, Cabinet
(1) the re-procurement of a Framework Agreement jointly with the London Borough of Barnet (or by Harrow alone if Barnet does not proceed), for the provision of Electoral Services printing and postage requirements for a period of 3 years, with an option to extend for a further year be approved;
(2) the tender documents be approved;
(3) authority be delegated to the Interim Director of Legal and Governance, following consultation with the Portfolio Holder for Performance, Communications & Customer Experience, and the Portfolio Holder for Finance and Human Resources, to make any necessary changes to the tender documents following approval;
(4) authority be delegated to the Interim Director of Legal and Governance to appoint providers to the Framework and to award call-off contracts from the Framework.
Reason for Decision: Entering into a framework agreement would provide clear and robust arrangements for:
· The ‘best in class’ levels of value-for-money, quality assurance, resilience and supplier service for its electoral print and postage requirements.
· Obtaining and awarding print and postage contracts for appropriate electoral services activities.
· A solution which efficiently supports and facilitates compliant electoral processes and the management and delivery of future elections and other electoral activities within the borough.
Report author: Head of Shared Legal Practice
Publication date: 28/07/2023
Date of decision: 27/07/2023
Decided at meeting: 27/07/2023 - Cabinet
Effective from: 05/08/2023