Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To advise Cabinet of progress and current cost position and seek approval for:
· an amended scheme as a result of the review of all HSDP schemes;
· the relevant expenditure; and
· delegated authority for the appropriation and cleansing of the title on both the Milton Road and the Poets Corner schemes, as they are part of the same title
(1) the outcome of the review of the Milton Road scheme be noted;
(2) the amendment of the scheme from that commissioned by the Council to the Harrow Strategic Development Partnership (HSDP) in November 2021 and the taking of relevant steps, including applying for appropriate planning permission, be approved, noting that approval for the implementation of the amended scheme would be sought following completion of the final costs and viability; and
(3) the Corporate Director of Place, following consultation with the Deputy Leader of the Council and the Portfolio Holder for Planning and Regeneration and Portfolio Holder for Housing, be authorised toappropriate such parts or the whole of the Milton Road and Poets Corner HSDP sites for planning purposes and to override third party rights and covenants as may be necessary.
Reason for Decision: To enable the progress of the Milton Road development scheme and facilitate the forthcoming development of the Poets Corner site.
Alternative Options Considered and Rejected: As set out in the report.
Conflict of Interest relating to the matter declared by Cabinet Member/Dispensation Granted: None.
Report author: Corporate Director Place
Publication date: 14/10/2022
Date of decision: 13/10/2022
Decided at meeting: 13/10/2022 - Cabinet
Effective from: 22/10/2022