Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To approve the policy for Household Support Fund 3 and the Delivery Plan options for allocating the funding made available through the Household Support Fund.
(1) the allocation of the third extension of the Household Support Fund as set out in the officer report be agreed;
(2) the purchase of select codes vouchers from Blackhawk to a value of £181k be agreed;
(3) the transfer of approximately £753,817 to schools for them to provide free school meals (FSM) vouchers for approximately 6500 households with children during the school holidays, be agreed;
(4) any underspend to be repurposed in the following order of priority:
a. to provide up to £7000 to the Self Neglect and Hoarding team to support up to 100 extremely vulnerable households with mental health conditions, elderly and frail as vouchers were not suitable and 27 families with No Recourse to Public Funds;
b. to top up the application-based scheme; or
c. to rent arrears, if not required elsewhere.
(5) the policy for the application-based scheme and the proposed administering process by the Revenues & Benefits team, be agreed; and
(6) the Acting Corporate Director for Resources, following consultation with the Portfolio Holder for Performance, Communications and Customer Experience, be authorised to make technical scheme amendments to ensure the scheme meets the criteria set by the Government and the Council and remained within the indicative grant level.
Reason for Decision: The recommendations in the report meet the essential criteria for the grant as set out by the Department for Work and Pensions. The Council had considered where best to focus the funding and the proposals provide a balance of support together with focus so that the funding will not be spread too thinly.
Alternative Options Considered and Rejected: As set out in the report.
Conflict of Interest relating to the matter declared by Cabinet Member/Dispensation Granted: None.
Report author: Acting Corporate Director, Resources
Publication date: 14/10/2022
Date of decision: 13/10/2022
Decided at meeting: 13/10/2022 - Cabinet
Effective from: 22/10/2022