Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To agree the signing of the contracts for the Harrow Strategic Development Partnership, the contract award, approve the initial business plan and launch the partnership.
Councillor Keith Ferry, who had joined the meeting virtually, left the meeting for the discussion and decision-making on this item.
Having considered the confidential appendices, it was
(1) the outcome of the preferred bidder stage of the Competitive Dialogue Procedure under the Public Contracts Regulations 2015 as outlined in the officer report be noted;
(2) Wates Construction Ltd be confirmed as the successful bidder following the Competitive Dialogue Procedure and as the Council’s partner in the Harrow Strategic Development Partnership (HSDP);
(3) the setting up and commencement of the HSDP with Wates based on the structure set out in the officer report be approved;
(4) the Chief Executive be authorised, following consultation with the Director of Legal and Governance Services, to enter into appropriate legal documents to formally commence the HSDP;
(5) the initial Business Plan of the HSDP be approved;
(6) the Director of Finance and Assurance be authorised, following consultation with the Director of Legal and Governance Services, to approve and enter into any of the financial agreements and instruments required by the Members agreement;
(7) the additional cost requirement of £158k for professional fees for legal and financial and commercial support which could be accommodated within existing budgets be noted.
Reason for Decision: To bring to a conclusion the process for procuring a partner with whom to form the Harrow Strategic Development Partnership, and to approve the necessary steps to establish the partnership.
Alternative Options Considered and Rejected: As set out in the report.
Conflict of Interest relating to the matter declared by Cabinet Member/Dispensation Granted: None.
Report author: Julian Wain
Publication date: 16/07/2021
Date of decision: 15/07/2021
Decided at meeting: 15/07/2021 - Cabinet
Effective from: 24/07/2021