Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommend Forward to Council
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
To recommend to Council:
· The proposed revenue budget 2021/22 and the Medium Term Financial Strategy 2021/22 to 2023/24 to enable the Council Tax to be set
· The members allowance scheme 2021/22
· The 2021/22 pay policy statement
· The 2021/22 schools budget
Resolved to RECOMMEND: (to Council)
(1) the 2021/22 budget, taking into account the results of the various consultations and equality impact assessments, be approved to enable the Council Tax for 2021/22 to be set (Appendix 2 to the report refers);
(2) the Model Council Tax Resolution 2021/22, as set out in Appendix 11 to the report, be approved;
(3) the Medium-Term Financial Strategy (MTFS), as set out in Appendix 2 to the officer report, be approved;
(4) the 2021/22 Members’ Allowance Scheme, as set out in Appendix 12 to the officer report, be approved;
(5) the 2021/22 Annual Pay Policy Statement, as set out in Appendix 13 to the officer report, be approved;
(6) the Capital Receipts Flexibility Strategy, as set out in Appendix 14 to the report, be approved.
[Call-in did not apply to the decisions above as they were reserved to full Council.]
(7) in accordance with Section 38 (2) of the Local Government Finance Act 1992, the Chief Executive be instructed to place a notice in the local press of the amounts set under recommendation 2 above with a period of 21 days following the Council’s decision;
(8) the following be noted:
a) the balanced budget position for 2021/and the budget gaps of £24.651m and £5.098m for 2022/23 and 2023/24 respectively (Table 5 of the officer report refers)
b) the intention to increase Council Tax by 1.99% in 2021/22 (Paragraph 1.20 of the officer refers);
c) the proposal to increase Council Tax by a further 3% in 2021/22 in respect of the Adult Social Care Precept (Paragraph 1.20 of the officer report refers;
d) the 2021/22 budgets for Schools and Public Health as set out in Appendices 6 & 7 to the officer report;
e) the assumed funding for the protection of social care 2021/22 through the Better Care Fund as set out in paragraphs 1.74 to 1.78 of the officer report;
f) the requirement to develop a fully costed budget and implementation plan, to the value of a minimum £10m, to bring to Cabinet on preparation to feed into the budget setting round for 2022/23 (Paragraph 1.83 of the officer report refers;
Reason for Recommendation: To ensure that the Council set a balanced budget for 2021/22.
Alternative Options Considered and Rejected: As set out in the report.
Conflict of Interest relating to the matter declared by Cabinet Member/Dispensation Granted: None.
Report author: Charlie Stewart
Publication date: 12/02/2021
Date of decision: 11/02/2021
Decided at meeting: 11/02/2021 - Cabinet